6 Habits of True Strategic Thinkers
Her er seks gode ledelses vaner at minde sig selv om for at holde skuden på ret kurs i usikkert farvand. Vær forudeende men forhold dig kritisk. Se tingene fra flere sider, men bevar handlekraften. Træf beslutninger ud fra åben debat og sørg for kontinuerlig læring.
Herunder er en kort sammenfatning. Originalen indeholder også konkrete action points, men de indsatte links herunder, står jeg selv for.
Hele artiklen: 6 Habits of True Strategic Thinkers | Inc.com.
Adaptive strategic leaders — the kind who thrive in today’s uncertain environment – do six things well:
1. Anticipate - Most of the focus at most companies is on what’s directly ahead. The leaders lack “peripheral vision.” This can leave your company vulnerable to rivals who detect and act on ambiguous signals.
2. Think Critically - “Conventional wisdom” opens you to fewer raised eyebrows and second guessing. But if you swallow every management fad, herdlike belief, and safe opinion at face value, your company loses all competitive advantage. Critical thinkers question everything.
3. Interpret - Ambiguity is unsettling. Faced with it, the temptation is to reach for a fast (and potentially wrongheaded) solution. A good strategic leader holds steady, synthesizing information from many sources before developing a viewpoint.
4. Decide - Many leaders fall prey to “analysis paralysis.” You have to develop processes and enforce them, so that you arrive at a “good enough” position.
5. Align -Total consensus is rare. A strategic leader must foster open dialogue, build trust and engage key stakeholders, especially when views diverge.
6. Learn - As your company grows, honest feedback is harder and harder to come by. You have to do what you can to keep it coming. This is crucial because success and failure–especially failure–are valuable sources of organizational learning.
Do you have what it takes? But for now, test your own strategic aptitude (or your company’s) with the survey at www.decisionstrat.com.